Compared to the traditional straight cutterhead, the helical/spiral cutterhead has tungsten carbide insert knives mounted on the surface of the cutterhead in rows. Instead of directly chopping the wood, the insert knives shear across the wood grain. Each insert has a radius on the edge to prevent marking the workpiece by knife corners during operation.
Konetool manufactures industrial-quality helical cutterheads of top-brand planers/jointers, including Grizzly, JET, Sherwood, SCM, WOODFAST, and DeWALT. Our cutter heads are economical replacements for the original cutterheads.
The following are some features of our helical/spiral cutter heads for woodworking:
- Mirrorlike cutting finish without any tear-out;
- Noise is dramatically reduced due to staggered cuts;
- Tungsten carbide insert knives with 50 times longer service life;
- Faster chip removal due to smaller wood chips and larger cutterhead gullets;
- No need to sharpen the carbide insert knives. All the inserts are four-sided. When one side is blunt, just rotate 90 degrees for a new cutting edge.
We have rich experience in providing woodworking helical cutter heads for furniture factories, woodworking equipment manufacturers, precision tool wholesalers/distributors/traders, and woodworking workshops from various countries. If you’re looking for a reliable helical cutterhead supplier, please feel free to contact us or directly request a quote on this page.
|Brand||Cutting Diameter (mm)||Cutting Width (mm)||Screw||Wrench|